It is an exciting time to be part of the Fortress Nutrition team! We are growing rapidly and launching a brand new 3rd shift to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. If you have a passion for quality and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we would love to have you apply today!
The training schedule of this position will be as follows:
- 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday (until 3rd shift launch date – anticipated March 4th)
The standard hours of this position will be 10:00pm-6:30am, Monday-Friday.
Job Title: Quality Technician (Beverage Manufacturing) – 3rd Shift
Job Summary: Working as part of the Quality team and under the supervision of the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day quality and production related activities on our 2nd shift high-speed canning/beverage lines.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform quality control testing and execute basic routine quality assessments of raw materials, in-process, and finished processed goods.
- Collect samples for shipments to third-party laboratories.
- Perform routine calibrations of laboratory instrumentation; maintain instrument health.
- Communicate quality data and provide quality guidance to internal customers.
- Ensure all quality documents (MMRs, Cleaning Logs, Test Records, etc.) are properly completed in real time with strict attention-to-detail following Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) for accuracy and consistency.
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and third-party certifying bodies.
- Conduct and coordinate facility environmental testing as part of the Internal Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Maintain an organized and clean quality laboratory and replenish inventory as needed.
- Assist with company programs and initiatives, such as Fortress Nutrition’s Calibration Program and customer complaint investigation.
- Execute all tasks with sense of urgency and flexibility as required to meet production needs.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure that equipment and product quality is maintained at all times.
- Cross-train with Quality Technician team to ensure consistent coverage and to avoid business/operational interruptions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; post-secondary education, training is preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a Quality Control role is required
- 2+ years of lab experience working with various instrumentation, including but not limited to: auto titrators, pH meters, Brix and density is strongly desired
- Prior experience working in a food/beverage, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing, or bottle/canning facility strongly desired
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision while staying on task, adapting to changes in priorities, and demonstrating a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with operations personnel and leadership
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Suite Programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a shift
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work overtime including occasional weekends as needed to support business operations
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.