It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding our high-speed canning/beverage and dry powder production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for quality and the food & beverage industry, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: QA Specialist
Standard Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Quality team, the QA Specialist will serve as a primary resource for creation and overview of Quality documentation and records, in addition to assisting quality control functions in operations as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Create production documentation including Master Manufacturing (MMRs), Work Instructions, etc.
- Review and approve records to ensure compliance to internal and external requirements (21 CFR 111, 21 CFR 117, and other product certifications) including: Batch Production Records (BPRs), receiving records, cleaning & sanitation records, testing results, etc.
- Disposition and label materials as Hold/ Release/Quarantine, including creation of Certificates of Analysis (COAs) as applicable and dispositioning materials in the electronic WMS system.
- Identify deviations, initiate and coordinate completion of Non-Conformance and Corrective Action (CAPA) investigations including root cause analyses. Contribute to generation of data, reporting, and evaluation of quality-related trends.
- Assist with Customer Complaint investigations.
- Conduct basic food safety/cGMP and quality-related training for new hires as needed.
- Provide training support for internal procedures, including understanding of GMPs and food safety practices, to support overall compliance and continuous improvement.
- Assist with development and implementation of quality-related SOPs and forms.
- Support maintenance of training program including tracking of training completion and related records.
- Support role for Quality Technician tasks as needed including but not limited to: conducting pre-, during-, and post-production equipment/line inspections and quality checks, sampling materials (raw materials, in-process materials, finished product), performing material testing (visual, sensory, analytical)
- Assist in obtaining supplier-related documentation to support supplier management process.
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and 3rd party certifying bodies.
- Participate in GFSI and facility internal audits to ensure compliance to procedures.
- Flexibility to work alternate shift as needed based on scheduling and department needs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or a closely related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role within a food/beverage or dietary supplements manufacturer required, beverage manufacturing experience preferred
- PCQI certification, HACCP certification or relevant experience with HACCP programs preferred
- Working knowledge and application of Quality Management System (QMS) pre-requisite programs
- Previous experience with creating and approving manufacturing records
- Previous experience with reviewing material specifications and dispositioning materials including results of testing / inspections to ensure materials meet specifications.
- Familiarity with reading product specifications/formulas
- Knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Experience working in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certified facility (Ex. BRC, SQF)
- Experience conducting basic food/process lab evaluations (visual, sieve testing, sensory)
- Experience operating laboratory equipment software
- Experience/familiarity with basic wet chemistry and microbiological testing methods
- Familiarity with sanitation processes and related testing
- Experience participating in audits of internal processes and production, or external suppliers
- Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, provide recommendations, and lead completion of tasks
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Quarterly Company Contribution to Qualified HSA Medical Plan
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply to this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.