Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we have launched a new 2nd shift operation to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for the food & beverage industry and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Lead Canning Line Operator
Standard Hours: 4:00pm-2:30am, Monday-Friday (Standard 50 Hour Work Weeks)
Job Summary: Working as part of the Canning/Beverage Operations team, the Lead Canning Line Operator will act as the backup and support to supervision in critical tasks to ensure completion of production in full, on time, and with no quality defects. This position will assist in coordinating the daily activities of production staff while driving safety and efficiency of the team and operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Delegate and assign appropriate work responsibilities to operators to complete daily production tasks and goals safely, efficiently and to quality requirements
- Lead the line operators in all activities in accordance with operational policies and procedures, including set-up and safe operation of all canning line equipment, filling, seaming, packing equipment, pumps, tanks, forklifts and other machinery and equipment
- Adhere to safe work practices, following GMPs and ensuring sanitary conditions to ensure product quality is maintained
- Assist with training, motivating and development of operators consistent with established canning operations and safety practices; make recommendations for additional training for deficiencies or performance needs to maximize productivity
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise on any canning related machinery, including filling, seaming and packing
- Ensure extensive maintenance and sanitation of the canning line is maintained at all times
- Perform all duties with strict attention-to-detail to ensure product is packaged properly and efficiently, meeting all standards and requirements
- Report facility and equipment repairs and issues immediately to Maintenance or the Operations Manager
- Communicate all production and personnel concerns to supervision in a timely manner
- Ensure quality control measures are met at line start up and throughout the production run; conduct basic packaging quality control checks for daily production runs
- Support and communicate with all departments influenced by canning operations in the absence of the supervisor, including but not limited to: QC/QA, Account Management, Operations, Warehouse/Logistics, and Maintenance
- Act as the backup to the supervisor in completion of critical tasks to avoid gaps in productivity and efficiency
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as a lead or supervisor overseeing a team is required
- 2+ years’ experience minimum in food or beverage manufacturing is strongly desired
- Previous experience working in a bottle and canning facility preferred
- Proven success in maintaining and fostering effective relationships and communication with key support functions to improve operations and ensure effective support of the manufacturing process
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to easily adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must be able to work in and foster a team-oriented “Safety First” environment
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a single shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.