Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding our high-speed canning/beverage and dry powder production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for the food & beverage industry and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we highly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Plant Manager – Food and Beverage Manufacturing
Job Summary: Working as part of the Operations team and under the leadership of the Director of Operations, the Plant Manager (Food and Beverage Manufacturing) is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of daily production, warehousing and maintenance. This person will develop and implement strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure efficient production and timely delivery of products. This role involves coordinating with cross-functional teams, ensuring compliance with food safety and quality standards, optimizing resource allocation, and leading a team of supervisors and operators. The Plant Manager also drives continuous improvement initiatives, monitors and maintains a safe working environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of day-to-day food and beverage contract manufacturing operations.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team of production and warehouse supervisors, technicians, and operators by providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality standards, including adherence to regulatory requirements and certifications (e.g., FDA, WDA, BRC, GMPs, HACCP).
- Assist in regulatory inspections and customer audits.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence and innovation.
- Optimize resource allocation, including labor, equipment, and materials, to meet production targets while controlling costs.
- Monitor and analyze production performance metrics, such as yield, productivity, and efficiency, and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinate plant-wide functions such as production planning, scheduling, sanitation, safety and other duties as assigned.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to streamline processes, enhance productivity, and reduce waste and production costs.
- Act as an escalation resource to resolve inquiries and problems related to production.
- Maintain and control departmental supplies, tools, and equipment as assigned.
- Ensure completion of all required production paperwork, including regular reports to senior management, highlighting key performance indicators, challenges, and proposed solutions.
- Administration of related company policies and procedures.
- Actively engage in safety efforts that includes attending safety meetings, incident investigations, assisting in root cause analysis, and auditing.
- Encourage and foster a culture of discretionary effort among team members, promoting a mindset of going above and beyond in their work.
- Lead by example and consistently demonstrate discretionary effort in your own job performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
What We’re Looking For:
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, or related field required; Bachelors Degree in Business or Operations Management (preferred)
- 5+ years managing teams in a manufacturing and warehousing environment
- 3+ years in food or beverage manufacturing
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to analyze and organize data to create report and metrics
- Demonstrated experience communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate employees, keep team disciplined, on task, and constantly striving for success
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.