It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding operations in order to increase our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for material handling and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we highly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Material Handler (1st Shift)
Standard Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Warehouse team under supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the Material Handler will maintain production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies, and staging finished products. This position will prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product for our facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintain in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Efficiently stack and safely stores products in their designated area.
- Document material and supply disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Receive credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity, placing materials in stock.
- Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Document product shipments by recording units shipped.
- Maintain material handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and making operator repairs.
- Comply with OSHA standards; Learn and adhere to FDA and GMP standards.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of material handling (preferably stand up reach truck) experience is required
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Excel and Word)
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Dealing with complexity, analyzing information, and inventory control
- Punctuality, reliability and exceptional work ethic are essential
- Must be able to meet production standards and follow work instructions.
- Ability to solve problems, work independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in priorities
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work, as directed and authorized by management
- Frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear; reach above shoulders; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, pinch or touch objects, controls, tools or equipment; kneel, crouch and use foot/feet to operate machinery
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds; bend at the waist; climb or balance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to eight (8) or more hours in a single shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out on Benefits & Perks!!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.