It is an exciting time to be part of the Fortress Nutrition team! We are rapidly growing and launching a brand new 3rd shift to expand our high-speed canning/business production capabilities. If you have a passion for maintenance and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we would love to have you apply today!
The training schedule of this position will be:
- 6:00am-2:30pm OR 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Until 3rd Shift Launch Date (anticipated March 4th)
The standard hours of this position will be 10:00pm-6:30am, Monday-Friday.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician – 3rd Shift
Job Summary: Working as part of the Maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day production related activities by maintaining, diagnosing and repairing equipment within the facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolves issues promptly; communicate progress to leadership as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working in a food/beverage, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing, or bottle/canning facility required
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging and PLC is desired
- Familiarity with food safety/quality programs such as GMP and CFR is desired
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision while staying on task, adapting to changes in priorities, and demonstrating a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with operations personnel and leadership
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen; sit; stand; walk; kneel; bend at waist
- Frequently required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed to support business operations
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.