It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding our high-speed canning/beverage and dry powder production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for maintenance and the food & beverage industry, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Standard Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Operations team and reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising maintenance personnel, managing facility maintenance to ensure the smooth running of upkeep or repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise a team of 5+ Maintenance Mechanics by setting clear goals, measuring progress, coaching, and providing feedback to help achieve department expectations.
- Assign technicians to production line calls based on highest priority, communicating progress to leadership and ensuring prompt resolution of issues to completion.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work; maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Plan repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
- Train and develop technicians to ensure strong performance of duties to repair and maintain machinery, equipment, building and facilities while decreasing downtime.
- Hire and oversee tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers, etc.).
- Inspect and maintain building systems such as heating, ventilation, etc.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g., renovations).
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Follow and enforce standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA, and EPA.
- Manage the team to ensure 24/7 coverage for operations and emergencies when needed including equipment repair, stabilization, and the mobilizing of resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical field strongly desired
- 3+ years’ maintenance leadership experience with strong maintenance skills, preferably in a food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, and PLC desired
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as GMP and CFR desired
- Proficiency with computers and programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional communication style with the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds in a dusty work environment (facility is climate controlled, employee can wear additional PPE such as a dust mask if interested, but it is not mandated)
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.