Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we recently launched a new 2nd shift operation to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our new team, achieve personal growth, develop a meaningful career and celebrate wins in a team focused environment. If you have a passion for maintenance and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Training Hours: 10:00am-6:30pm, Monday-Friday
Standard Hours: 6:00pm-2:30am, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Maintenance team and under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of maintenance on our 2nd shift high-speed canning/beverage operations, supporting the day-to-day production related activities by maintaining, diagnosing and repairing equipment within the facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolves issues promptly; communicate progress to leadership as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working in a food, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing, or bottle/canning facility strongly desired
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging and PLC is desired
- Familiarity with food safety/quality programs such as GMP and CFR is desired
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision while staying on task, adapting to changes in priorities, and demonstrating a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with operations personnel and leadership
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen; sit; stand; walk; kneel; bend at waist
- Required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) hours in one shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – HSA Option!
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.