It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding our high-speed canning/beverage and dry powder production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for maintenance and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Lead Maintenance Technician
Standard Hours: 4:00pm-12:30am, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Maintenance team, the Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for overseeing all aspects of maintenance and maintenance technicians daily tasks on our 2nd shift high-speed canning/beverage operations, supporting the day-to-day production related activities by maintaining, diagnosing and repairing equipment within the facility. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to take on a leadership role in the maintenance department.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the main contact for all 2nd production maintenance concerns; delegate tasks based on priority to other technicians to ensure work orders are completed timely and successfully providing guidance and support.
- Communicate all 2nd shift maintenance concerns, completed projects and outstanding tasks in daily shift report to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Manage the workload of the production staff, ensuring all GMP and HACCP guidelines are adhered to when the Shift Supervisor is unavailable.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize up time.
- Complete minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs to the building as needed.
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and engage with vendors to troubleshoot machinery.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities and issues, maintenance completed on machines, and equipment status on 2nd/PM shift.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolves issues promptly; communicate progress to leadership as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- 4+ years’ electrical/mechanical maintenance experience in a packaging manufacturing environment required
- 3+ years’ experience in a Lead or Supervisory role required
- Previous experience working in a food, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing, or bottle/canning facility strongly preferred
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging and PLC is strongly desired
- Familiarity with food safety/quality programs such as GMP and CFR is strongly desired
- Ability to lead a team to stay on task, adapt to changes in priorities, and demonstrate strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with operations personnel and leadership
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen; sit; stand; walk; kneel; bend at waist
- Required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) hours in one shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Quarterly Company Contribution to Qualified HSA
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.