It is an exciting time to be part of the Fortress Nutrition team! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are launching a brand new 3rd shift to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. If you have a passion for manufacturing and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we would love to have you apply today!
The training schedule of this position will be:
- 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
The standard hours of this position will be 10:00pm-6:30am, Monday-Friday.
Job Title: Canning Line Operator – 3rd Shift
Job Summary: Working as part of the Beverage Operations team and under the supervision of the 3rd Shift Canning Line Supervisor, the Canning Line Operator is responsible for operating the high-speed canning/beverage production line equipment and creating, producing, and packaging products while collaborating with their team of peers.
What You Will Do:
- Set-up, operate and maintain all packaging equipment, including filling, seaming, and packing equipment to ensure quality and efficiency of product output.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise on any of our high-speed canning machinery, which includes filling, seaming, and packing.
- Responsible for documenting all canning line and repack QA checks for accuracy.
- Notify Maintenance Technician of equipment and other mechanical issues and necessary repairs as they arise.
- Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and company goals and objectives.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure that equipment and product quality is maintained at all times.
- Perform all duties with strict attention-to-detail to ensure product is packaged properly and efficiently, meeting all client requirements and standards.
- Perform physical inventory of packaging materials; notify supervision of needs in a timely manner.
- Communicate all production-related concerns and matters to the Shift Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1+ year of machine operating experience, preferably on high-speed packaging equipment, is required
- Previous experience in the food/beverage industry, with an understanding of food safety & quality requirements, is desired
- Mechanical knowledge to understand, operate and troubleshoot high-speed production line equipment
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed to fulfill production needs
- Frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear; reach above shoulders; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, pinch or touch objects, controls, tools or equipment; kneel, crouch and use foot/feet to operate machinery
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds; bend at the waist; climb or balance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a single shift
- Must be able to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed to support business operations
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay for 50+ Hours Per Workweek
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.