It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are expanding our high-speed canning/beverage and dry powder production capabilities. We offer competitive pay rates and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for the food & beverage industry and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Canning Line Operator (1st Shift)
Standard Hours: 6:00am-4:30am, Monday-Friday (Standard 50 Hour Weeks)
Job Summary: Working as part of the Canning/Beverage Operations team and under the supervision of the Beverage Manufacturing Manager, the Canning Line Operator is responsible for operating the high-speed canning/beverage production line equipment and creating, producing, and packaging products while collaborating with their team of peers.
What You Will Do:
- Set-up, operate and maintain all packaging equipment, including filling, seaming, and packing equipment to ensure quality and efficiency of product output.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise on any of our high-speed canning machinery, which includes filling, seaming, and packing.
- Responsible for documenting all canning line and repack QA checks for accuracy.
- Notify Maintenance Technician of equipment and other mechanical issues and necessary repairs as they arise.
- Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and company goals and objectives.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure that equipment and product quality is maintained at all times.
- Perform all duties with strict attention-to-detail to ensure product is packaged properly and efficiently, meeting all client requirements and standards.
- Perform physical inventory of packaging materials; notify supervision of needs in a timely manner.
- Communicate all production-related concerns and matters to the Shift Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-year experience in food or beverage manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in a bottling and canning facility is preferred
- Ability to work overtime and some weekends to support business need
- Must be punctual and reliable, and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to solve problems and work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to properly communicate within a team environment
- Must be able to work in and foster a team-oriented “Safety First” environment
- Frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear; reach above shoulders; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, pinch or touch objects, controls, tools or equipment; kneel, crouch and use foot/feet to operate machinery
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds; bend at the waist; climb or balance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a single shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.