Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are looking for motivated self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our team, achieve personal growth, develop a meaningful career and celebrate wins in a team focused environment. If you have a passion for the food & beverage industry and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Blender Operator I
Standard Hours: 6:00am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Operations team and under the supervisor of the Production Supervisor, the Blender Operator I is responsible for supporting the blending room production and working closely with production team members and leadership to ensure work is completed effectively and efficiently according to food safety and quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Assemble all blending equipment, including but not limited to: blenders, screeners, fillers, bag sealers, metal detectors, bag tipper, etc. prior to production run to ensure proper and efficient operation with minimal downtime.
- Dump raw ingredients into blender following the MMR (Master Manufacturing Record) to ensure proper product outcome based on customer specifications.
- Operate blending equipment ensuring bags are properly filled, sealed, at weigh (making adjustments as necessary), stacked, labeled and palletized through completion and according to customer specifications.
- Perform counts and verifications following the MMR; Record and complete the MMR in real-time following Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Follow proper procedures for day end cleanings, including but not limited to: counts, disposing and recording waste, equipment disassembly, completing Cleaning Log, etc.
- Monitor and support all quality measures including overall visual bag inspection for proper seal integrity, coding and weight details.
- Properly document all quality attributes such as periodic quality checks, product identifying lot numbers, and ingredient data into quality documents following GDPs.
- Operate overhead hoist equipment, forklift and other equipment as required.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure safety, food safety, and product quality is maintained at all times.
- Interact with production team to ensure daily production requirements are met and daily goals are achieved.
- Cross-train with Packaging Operators to assist in packaging rooms based on daily production runs as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous experience working in blending or formulating food/non-food materials is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in a food, dietary supplement, or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility preferred
- Frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear; reach above shoulders; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, pinch or touch objects, controls, tools or equipment; kneel, crouch and use foot/feet to operate machinery
- Frequently required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds; bend at the waist; climb or balance
- Ability to successfully complete standard shop math basics and read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to work in a dusty environment with common food allergens required (facility is climate-controlled, additional PPE such as dust masks are provided if needed)
- Must be punctual and reliable, and work with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work additional hours (OT) during the week as needed to complete daily production
- Capable of following proper lifting techniques and foster a team-oriented “Safety First” environment
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Double Time Pay For 50+ Hours Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.