It is an exciting time to be part of the Fortress Nutrition team! We are growing rapidly and launching a brand new 3rd shift to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. If you have a passion for manufacturing and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we would love to have you apply today!
The training schedule of this position will be:
- 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Until 3rd Shift Launch Date (anticipated March 4th)
The standard hours of this position will be 2:00pm-10:30pm, Monday-Friday.
Job Title: Batcher – Beverage Manufacturing (2nd Shift)
Job Summary: Working as part of the Beverage Operations team and under the supervision of the 2nd Shift Canning Line Supervisor, the Batcher will operate equipment that blends raw materials to create beverage products by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients to client specifications. The Batcher will cross-train to work as a Line Operator to operate the high-speed canning/beverage production line equipment to create, produce and package products while working on our 2nd shift team.
What You’ll Do:
- Obtain ingredients from ingredient coolers and raw materials warehouse
- Pre-weigh ingredients for each batch following the MMR (batch ticket)
- Load raw ingredients into the VST according to the MMR
- Mix ingredients to produce syrup for operations
- CIP sugar, syrup and mixing tanks
- Pull water samples from mixing and syrup tanks for testing of pH levels
- Complete batching sheets (MMR) with attention-to-detail, accuracy, and following Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
- Return partial and unused ingredients to ingredient coolers; reconcile partials to ensure accuracy of ingredient inventory
- Ensure resulting mixture meets specified consistencies and requirements; Report any urgent quality, food safety incidents, or deviations immediately to Beverage Operations Manager or Quality team for investigation and resolution
- Communicate effectively and timely any modifications to the manufacturing process to eliminate and irregularities to Beverage Operations Manager
- Set-up, operate and maintain all packaging equipment, including filler, seamer, and packing equipment to ensure quality and efficiency of product output
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise on canning related machinery, including the filler, seaming and packing
- Document all canning line and repack QA checks to ensure statistical accuracy
- Notify maintenance of equipment and other mechanical issues and necessary repairs as they arise; Report all issues to the 2nd Shift Canning Line Supervisor or Beverage Manufacturing Manager immediately
- Perform physical inventory of packaging materials; report replenishment needs to Beverage Manufacturing Manager immediately
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure equipment and product quality is maintained at all times
- Perform all duties with strict attention-to-detail to ensure product is packaged properly and efficiently, meeting all standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must possess basic math and conversion skills (ex. Kilos to pounds, gallons to pounds, etc.)
- 1+ year experience in a batching or mixing role working with liquids
- 1+ year experience in food/beverage (GMP) or regulated manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in a bottling and canning facility preferred
- Previous machine operating experience strongly preferred
- Basic mechanical knowledge to understand and operate production line equipment desired
- Must be able to proficiently read, write, and speak English
- Frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear; reach above shoulders; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, pinch or touch objects, controls, tools or equipment; kneel, crouch and use foot/feet to operate machinery; bend at the waist; climb or balance
- Frequently required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a single shift
- Ability to work overtime (including occasional weekends) as needed to support business operations
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Double Time Pay for Hours Over 50 Per Week!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.