Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are looking for motivated self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our new team, achieve personal growth, develop a meaningful career and celebrate wins in a team focused environment. If you have a passion for quality and the food & beverage industry, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Quality Technician (Dry Powder/Blending)
Standard Hours: 6:00am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Working as part of the Quality team, the Quality Technician is responsible for supporting the day-to-day quality and production related activities of our Dry Powder, Blending and Packaging lines.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform quality control testing and execute basic routine quality assessments of raw materials, in-process, and finished processed goods.
- Collect samples for shipments to third-party laboratories.
- Perform routine calibrations of laboratory instrumentation; maintain instrument health.
- Communicate quality data and provide quality guidance to internal customers.
- Ensure all quality documents (MMRs, Cleaning Logs, Test Records, etc.) are properly completed in real time with strict attention-to-detail following Good Documentation Practices for accuracy and consistency.
- Provide support as needed during audits by regulatory and third-party certifying bodies.
- Conduct and coordinate facility environmental testing as part of the Internal Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Maintain organized and clean quality laboratory and replenish inventory as needed.
- Assist with company programs and initiatives, such as Fortress Nutrition’s Calibration Program and customer complaint investigation.
- Execute all tasks with sense of urgency and flexibility as required to meet production needs.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs and maintain sanitary conditions to ensure that equipment and product quality is maintained at all times.
- Cross-train with other Quality Technicians to ensure no gaps or downtime in production.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; post-secondary education, training is preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a Quality Control role is required
- Prior experience working in a food, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical manufacturing, or bottle/canning facility strongly desired
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision while staying on task, adapting to changes in priorities, and demonstrating a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely with operations personnel and leadership
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Suite Programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen
- Occasionally required to lift, carry, move, push or pull materials, product or equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check Out Our Company Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.