Website Fortress Nutrition
It is an exciting time at Fortress Nutrition! As we continue to grow rapidly, we are launching a new 3rd shift operation to expand our high-speed canning/beverage production capabilities. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to contribute to the success of our new team, achieve personal growth, develop a meaningful career and celebrate wins in a teamwork-focused environment. If you have a passion for the food & beverage industry and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced production environment, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Job Title: Beverage Manufacturing Supervisor
*Training Hours: 6:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Standard Hours: 10:00pm-6:30am, Monday-Friday
Job Summary: Responsible for oversight of our new 3rd shift high-speed canning/beverage line operations, the Beverage Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise, oversee, and coordinate the daily activities of the shift personnel while driving safety and efficiency of the team to ensure all lines are completed in full, on time, and with no quality defects.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of up to ten (10) line operators by setting clear goals, measuring progress, coaching, and providing feedback to help achieve department expectations
- Ensure Quality Control measures are met at line start-up and throughout the production run
- Oversee production personnel and 2nd shift staff in all activities in accordance with operational policies and procedures, including safe operation of all canning line equipment, pumps, tanks, and forklifts
- Ensure sanitation practices, inclusive of but not limited to, general aesthetics, operational, and storage are adhered to at all times
- Track and report inventories of all canning materials and finished goods daily
- Monitor the preventative maintenance program with the Maintenance Department
- Review operational and personnel data with Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement and efficiency
- Assist with orientation, training, and skills development of team members consistent with established canning operational and safety procedures
- Conduct basic packaging quality control checks for daily production runs
- Report facility and equipment repairs and issues to Operations Manager and/or Maintenance Manager
- Evaluate staffing needs and coordinate with Operations Manager and HR to maximize labor resources
- Support and communicate effectively and timely with all departments influenced by canning operations, including, but not limited to: QA/QC, Account Management, Operations, Warehouse/Logistics, and Maintenance
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures (SDS), assuring adherence by staff
- Perform product analysis and sample pulling
- Complete all required filtration and processes therein
- Ensure forklifts are inspected and maintained, and checklists are completed daily
- Follow work orders, assist operators and follow up on task completion to achieve daily departmental goals
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations Management, or a Food/Beverage related field strongly preferred
- 4+ years’ experience as a lead, supervisor or manager responsible for overseeing and managing performance of a team of direct reports required
- 3+ years’ experience working in a food or beverage manufacturing facility is strongly desired
- Previous experience working in a bottle and canning facility preferred
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate employees, keep team disciplined, on task, and constantly striving for success
- Proven success in maintaining and fostering effective relationships and communication with key support functions to improve operations and ensure effective support of the manufacturing process
- Demonstrated experience successfully communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Great problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to easily adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to ten (10) or more hours in a single shift
Why Fortress Nutrition – Check out our Benefits & Perks!!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA Plan Option with Quarterly Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance & Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match & Aggressive ROI
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- $1,500 Referral Bonus – Uncapped!
- …and more!!!
To apply for this position, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortress Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer.